Sangee of Typical Indian Cooking has passed three cute awards to me yesterday.. Thanks a lot dear.
Coming to blog hopping, I missed all fun and excitement last time as my son and I had high fever.
This week, I am paired with Vardhini of Zesty Palette; I like almost all her recipes. Do check out her space if you haven’t; you will definitely find yummy recipes with clear step by step instructions and pictures.
It was quite difficult for me to choose from her space; I don’t know what to try first. Finally decided to make these biscuits for my little one.
Vardhini had used a healthy combination of Maida and wheat flour with ghee. My little one and my hus don’t prefer ghee; so I don’t buy ghee except during festive occasions. Also, I had more unused Maida; so used only Maida Flour and Vanaspati.
- Maida 1 ½ cup
- Vanaspati/Dalda 3 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine Maida, Cumin and Salt in a wide bottomed vessel. Mix well. Add Dalda and crumble with hands.
- Add Water little by little so as to form tight dough. Leave it for an hour.
- Divide the dough into 3-4 balls, quite big in size. Roll them like chapati. (not too thin).
- Cut into diamond or any desired shape and fry until slightly brown.
- Transfer them to paper towels and then serve.
Linking this recipe to Blog Hop Wednesdays event by Radhika of Tickling Palates. Check out other blog hoppers here.