Normally I avoid preparing chicken recipes with Chapati. The reason is its very difficult to prepare a veg gravy separately for me. So I go with only veg gravies.
I was craving to prepare chicken gravy with chapati, dont know the reason exactly; just like that. Yesterday was that day; I planned and made Whole Moong Dhal Kuzambu for lunch in excess so that I can have it for dinner. I made this recipe like kadai vegetables and with some more spices.
Kadai Chicken is thick gravy mostly served along with Chapati, Naan or any Indian Bread. I feel it is so special because of the addition of both chopped and pureed Onions and Tomatoes along with capsicum.
I couldn’t take a better picture as it vanished soon.
- Chicken ½ kg
- Chopped Capsicum ½ cup
- Green Chillies 2
- Onion (Medium) 1
- Tomato (Big) 1
- Aniseeds ½ tsp
- Cumin ¼ tsp
- Cloves 3
- Chilli Powder ¾ tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 ½ tsp
- Garam Masala ¼ tsp
- Ginger – Garlic Paste 1 ½ tsp
- Chopped Ginger and Garlic 1 tsp each
- Cream 4tbsp
- Water 1 to 1 ½ cups
To fry and grind:
- Onions (Medium) 2
- Tomatoes (Medium) 2
To marinate Chicken
- Yoghurt 3 tbsp
- Chilli Powder ¾ tsp
- Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
- Slit green chillies. Cut Capsicum and Tomato (Big) into cubes. Chop Ginger and Garlic into fine pieces.
- Chop Onions lengthwise. Marinate Chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roughly chop Onions (2) and Tomatoes (2). Heat little Oil in a Pan. When hot, add chopped Onions. Fry till they turn translucent. Keep it aside. Now add Tomatoes and fry till its skin separates. Grind them to a paste when cooled.
- Heat Oil in a pan. When hot add aniseeds, cumin and cloves. When the seeds crackle and turn slightly brown, add lengthwise chopped Onions, chopped Ginger and Garlic. Few seconds later, add Ginger-Garlic paste and Chillies. Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Now add cubed Tomatoes. Fry till its skin separates.
- Add Capsicum. Fry for a while and then add the Tomato-Onion Paste. Throw in all the powders and Salt.
- Mix well and fry for some more time. Add marinated Chicken pieces and water. Close the lid and allow boiling.
- When it is almost done, add the cream, mix well and cook for five more minutes and serve.
Serve with any Indian bread or any flavored Rice.