It is Wednesday today and I am paired with Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal of Mharo Rajasthan’sRecipes. I fell in love with her subzis and have decided to try one by one. But I liked her Besan Laddoo very much and wanted to give a try first.
My Laddoos were not as perfect as priya’s but we loved its taste and texture. I had very less cashews in hand, so didnt use them.
Here is the recipe.
- Chickpea Flour (Kadalai Maavu) 2 cups
- Ghee ½ cup
- Sugar 1 ¼ cups
- Cashews for garnishing
- In a wide bottomed pan, heat Ghee. Add the flour.
- Fry on a medium flame continuously stirring until it releases a nice aroma and its color changes.
- Switch off the flame. Let it cool for some time.
- Add sugar (should be bearable hot now) and mix well. Make balls, add cashews and serve.