Rotisserie is a style of roasting where meat is skewered on a spit - a long solid rod used to hold food while it is being cooked over a fire in a fireplace or over a campfire, or roasted in an oven. The rotation cooks the meat evenly in its own juices and allows easy access for continuous basting if desired. Source - Wiki.
I had a very strong desire to bake the whole chicken in this Rotisserie style. But my Hus alone cannot eat so much chicken. So decided to experiment with a small piece. The end results were good, said my hus who tasted it. I was very happy as my son liked it. Who knows what kids like??
- One whole leg of Chicken – approx 200g
- Pepper Powder ½ tsp or acc. to your taste
- Juice from a Lemon
- Oil 2-3 tsp
Marinate Chicken with all the other ingredients and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Preheat Oven to 225°C for 10 minutes.
- Once done, arrange the marinated chicken in between the rotisserie spit.
- Allow to bake for 35-40 minutes or till done.
Linking this recipe to Anyone can cook series of Taste of Pearl City and Iftar Nights of Jabeen's Corner.